Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by means of a variety of materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their characteristics. The leading position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the rich selection of textures and colors, such flooring appear spectacular and stylish, and match with any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge need for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural sound timber, therefore it’s frequently used as the main component for decorating flooring.
One of the favorable properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating does not wear off and doesn’t lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature changes, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products aren’t afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it is not a favorable spot for the creation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system »warm floor », as they contain clay, which at high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are not poor to flooring made of pure wood or stone.
No matter how ideal this material is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate can include:
- The high price. The product, which can last over a dozen years is pricey, but in performance, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coating is obtained from the tech of monocottura.
This sort of product is 1poshtoram.ru characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is produced from special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The end result is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are available.